Friday, January 31, 2014

I Will Pray With My Spirit...


One of my favorite times to pray in the Holy Spirit (in tongues) is during my commute to work.  I’m grateful to God to be able to pray in the Holy Spirit; yet able attentive to what's going on around me.  Many people have the understanding that you need to be in your prayer closet to pray in the Holy Spirit, when truthfully your prayer closest is in your heart.  Don’t get me wrong, I do believe we should have an appointed time and a designated place to meet with God, but the Holy Spirit is so awesome we can pray in the spirit and yet be aware of our surroundings.  Many think that praying in the Spirit can only be done as He (The Holy Ghost) permits us.  Believing that this type of prayer is something mystical and requires you to be in a trance or out of your mind.  The Holy Spirit is all wisdom and never leaves us out of our mind.  The Apostle Paul let’s us know in I Corinthians 14:14-15 that we can pray in the spirit as we will and that our natural mind is yet coherent, so we can still reason as we pray in the Holy Spirit.  Isn’t that awesome and supernatural!!!

When I pray in the Holy Spirit, I intentionally purpose to pray that way.  I’m aware of my surroundings, where I’m going and able to think about what it is that I am doing.  While I’m praying in the Holy Spirit as Jude 1:20 says I’m building up my most holy faith.  I liken it to my smart phone after using it a full day; I plug it up to be recharged at the end of each day.  As my phone retains a charge I’m able to communicate with people in many different ways. Likewise as I pray in the Holy Spirit I’m building my spirit man. It’s like a spiritual charge enabling me to stay linked to the spiritual realm of God, which empowers me to be lead, authorized and fortified for whatever a day may bring.

However, I believe there is a difference in praying in the Spirit and the Spirit praying through me.  It’s during the intimate, appointed and invited times with the Holy Spirit that He assists me as I pray in tongues and begins to pray through me.  As He prays through me it ‘s according to Romans 8:26, 27 “And in like manner the Spirit also helps our infirmity: for we know not how to pray as we ought; but the Spirit himself make intercession for us with groanings which cannot be uttered; Now He who searches the hearts knows what the mind of the Spirit is, because He makes intercession for the saints according to the will of God.”  This is a more intense time of prayer that flows from the inward being.  It’s as if there is a shift in the Spirit realm and you sense and experience a divine infusion to pray a prayer that moves heaven.  Praying in the Holy Spirit is a supernatural gift that has been given to the people of God.  Having been baptized with the Holy Spirit with the evidence of speaking in tongues allows us continual awareness of God’s presence.  The Spirit bears witness with our spirit that we are children of God - Romans 8:16.  So therefore I will pray with my spirit...  I Corinthians 14:14

Btw - I received this blog this morning as I prayed in the spirit during my route to work!  Supernatural download!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment